- 8 small red potatoes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 8 plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into quarters
- 8 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-5 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs and curry powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 24 portions; shape each portion around an olive.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread meatballs and vegetables. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes on each side, brushing occasionally with barbecue sauce, until meatballs are no longer pink, turning once. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Meal on a Stick
"Potatos need to cook longer in the microwave to allow the meat and vegetables to be done at the same time."
"Yum! Only problem-some of the meatballs fell off. I used at least 1/2 cup barbecue sauce and cherry tomatoes. Next time I'll use more veggies, maybe add some onions, less meat, the peppers were delicious!"
"I would make this again but I think I would add onion ."