"My husband and I were thrilled to receive a gas grill as a wedding gift from some church friends," relates Sundra Hauck of Bogalusa, Louisiana. "We love to grill these hearty meatball-and-veggie kabobs. Barbecue sauce gives them a slightly sweet flavor."
- 8 small red potatoes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 8 plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into quarters
- 8 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-5 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs and curry powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 24 portions; shape each portion around an olive.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread meatballs and vegetables. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes on each side, brushing occasionally with barbecue sauce, until meatballs are no longer pink, turning once. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Meal on a Stick in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p8
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Meal on a Stick
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review