Meal on a Bun
"Looking for a break from the usual peanut butter and jelly sandwich? This easy concoction is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages," assures Lavina Taylor of Moline, Illinois. "I've replaced the jelly with a juicy slice of pineapple and topped it off with cheddar cheese."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple slices, drained
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Place buns, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Spread with peanut
- butter. Place a pineapple slice on each bun bottom and a cheese
- slice on each top.
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Place
- cheese-topped buns over pineapple. Yield: 4 servings.