Meal in a Packet Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 envelope onion gravy mix
- 2 firm fresh tomatoes, halved
- 1. Shape beef into four patties. Place each on an ungreased 14-in. square of heavy-duty foil. Arrange carrots and green pepper around patties. Sprinkle with gravy mix. Place a tomato half, cut side down, on each patty. Fold foil around meat and vegetables; seal tightly. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each equals 262 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 438 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Meal in a Packet
"A little bland. I would suggest spicing up the meat a little to give it more flavor."
"These packets are an all-time favorite for camping and cookouts. Sometimes I include very thinly sliced potatoes."