Meal in a Packet
I came across this in my grandmother's recipe collection a few years back. It's easy to suit different people's tastes. --Jody Summersett, New Haven, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 envelope onion gravy mix
- 2 firm fresh tomatoes, halved
- Shape beef into four patties. Place each on an ungreased 14-in.
- square of heavy-duty foil. Arrange carrots and green pepper around
- patties. Sprinkle with gravy mix. Place a tomato half, cut side
- down, on each patty. Fold foil around meat and vegetables; seal
- tightly. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45
- minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
It's simple to take Meal in a Packet with you on a picnic. Assemble the packets and put them in a cooler. Grill over medium-high heat for about 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutritional Facts: 1 each equals 262 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 438 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.