I came across this in my grandmother's recipe collection a few years back. It's easy to suit different people's tastes. --Jody Summersett, New Haven, Indiana
Recommended: 21 Sheet Pan Dinners to Make Tonight
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 envelope onion gravy mix
- 2 firm fresh tomatoes, halved
- Shape beef into four patties. Place each on an ungreased 14-in. square of heavy-duty foil. Arrange carrots and green pepper around patties. Sprinkle with gravy mix. Place a tomato half, cut side down, on each patty. Fold foil around meat and vegetables; seal tightly. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Meal in a Packet in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p172
Reviews for Meal in a Packet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2012
"A little bland. I would suggest spicing up the meat a little to give it more flavor."
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2010
"These packets are an all-time favorite for camping and cookouts. Sometimes I include very thinly sliced potatoes."