Meal In A Mug
Reports Geraldine Grisdale of Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, "Noodles, beans and ground beef makes this a warm hearty lunch. It's especially nice during the colder months."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (21 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope sloppy joe mix
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add water, pork and beans, tomatoes and sloppy joe mix. Bring
- to a boil; add macaroni and reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes
- or until the macaroni is almost cooked. Pour into thermoses. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 208 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein.