McIntosh Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter. In a large bowl, combine onion with remaining ingredients. Pat mixture into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove from the oven; drain. Bake 30 minutes longer. Remove from the oven; drain again if necessary. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 295 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for McIntosh Meat Loaf
"This meat loaf is so moist and delicious! The apples and allspice add a hint of sweetness, setting it apart from others I've tried. I did cut the recipe down a bit by using 1 lb. of ground beef, 1 egg, and cutting the remaining ingredients in half. I baked it in an 8x4-inch pan, which was a nice size for my husband and me."