McIntosh Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter. In a large bowl, combine onion with remaining ingredients. Pat mixture into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove from the oven; drain. Bake 30 minutes longer. Remove from the oven; drain again if necessary. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 295 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 662 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.