- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter. In a large bowl, combine onion with remaining ingredients. Pat mixture into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove from the oven; drain. Bake 30 minutes longer. Remove from the oven; drain again if necessary. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for McIntosh Meat Loaf
"This meat loaf is so moist and delicious! The apples and allspice add a hint of sweetness, setting it apart from others I've tried. I did cut the recipe down a bit by using 1 lb. of ground beef, 1 egg, and cutting the remaining ingredients in half. I baked it in an 8x4-inch pan, which was a nice size for my husband and me."