McIntosh Meat Loaf Recipe
I grew up in the heart of McIntosh country, where apples were always finding their way into everything! They give ordinary meat loaf a refreshing new taste.Lynette Nicholl, Gouverneur, New York
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter. In a large bowl, combine onion with remaining ingredients. Pat mixture into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove from the oven; drain. Bake 30 minutes longer. Remove from the oven; drain again if necessary. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as McIntosh Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef 1993, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for McIntosh Meat Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review