Mayonnaise Lover's Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1. In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- 3. Top each piece of chicken with a slice of ham and cheese. Grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey and remaining mayonnaise. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 542 calories, 43 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Mayonnaise Lover's Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.