Mayonnaise Lover's Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- Top each piece of chicken with a slice of ham and cheese. Grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey and remaining mayonnaise. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Mayonnaise Lover's Chicken
Sort By :
This is a very easy, very tasty recipe! Love it, know it will be one I will be making often!
This recipes became a favorite in our family. I've been making it too many times now. The chicken is moist and tender, and the sauce was fantastic.I always make sure I have extra chicken for this recipe..
This is a very tasty way to dress up chicken breasts. Instead of making the honey mustard sauce, I reserved some of the mayo and Italian dressing mixture to serve on the side. It was so very good!
Incredible taste, juicy and full of flavor, family loved this recipe - Jill Darnell, Fort Lauderdale, FL
This is an excellent recipe. The chicken is always very moist.