Jennifer Rytting of West Jordan, Utah recalls: “My father-in-law was looking for a good chicken marinade when a friend suggested mayonnaise with Italian dressing. He added the ham and cheese on his own, and we can't get enough of it! You'd never guess this BBQ is so easy and so fast!”
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- Top each piece of chicken with a slice of ham and cheese. Grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey and remaining mayonnaise. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mayonnaise Lover's Chicken in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mayonnaise Lover's Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review