Mayonnaise Chocolate Cake
This old-fashioned dessert often ends the meal at my home. My aunt has made this moist, rich sheet cake for as long as I can remember. Not only is it a cake I can quickly make from scratch, but it calls for ingredients I usually have in the pantry. —Kristine Marra, Clifton Park, New York
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) French vanilla or vanilla frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar cocoa, baking powder and
- baking soda. Beat in mayonnaise and water.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Spread with frosting. Yield: 12-15
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 313 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.