- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Sprinkle chopped pecans and chocolate chips into pastry shell. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter, liqueur, pepper and vanilla. Pour into pastry; arrange pecan halves over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mayan Chocolate Pecan Pie
Sort By :
"My family loves this pie!"
"Best chocolate pecan pie ever!!"
"This is a crowd favorite during the holidays-everyone loves the dark chocolate flavor with just a little hint of heat! The pie comes together quickly, but its looks and taste fool everyone into thinking you worked all morning in the kitchen. : )"
"Honestly-I haven't made this yet but I am this week! The reviews made me excited to try it. I want to have this before the world ends!"
"I added 2Tbs of coco powder as recommended, but it was still way too sweet for my family. It set up nicely. but it just did not taste good at all."