Mayan Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
This started off as a regular pecan pie for Thanksgiving Day. But it's evolved into something extra special. —Chris Michalowski, Dallas, Texas
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1. Sprinkle chopped pecans and chocolate chips into pastry shell. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter, liqueur, pepper and vanilla. Pour into pastry; arrange pecan halves over filling.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 590 calories, 30 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC