Mayan Chocolate Pecan Pie
This started off as a regular pecan pie for Thanksgiving Day. But it's evolved into something extra special. —Chris Michalowski, Dallas, Texas
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches)
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Sprinkle chopped pecans and chocolate chips into pastry shell. In a
- small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter, liqueur,
- pepper and vanilla. Pour into pastry; arrange pecan halves over
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 590 calories, 30 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.