Mayan Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
Those who enjoy Mexican hot chocolate will also like the subtle sweetness and slight heat found in every bite of this perked-up biscotti. —Chris Michalowski, Dallas, Texas
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coffee liqueur
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, grated
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in coffee liqueur and vanilla. Combine the flour, chili pepper, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans, chocolate chips and grated chocolate.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each half into a 10-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- 3. Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake for 8-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 biscotti: 191 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Mayan Chocolate Biscotti
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC