Maui-Inspired Turkey Breast Roll Recipe
- 2 boneless turkey breast halves (2 to 2-1/2 pounds each)
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1. Remove skin from the turkey breasts; set aside. Flatten turkey breasts to 3/8-in. thickness. Place breasts side by side so that they are overlapping slightly. Combine 1/2 cup butter, garlic and sage; rub over turkey.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt remaining butter. Add celery and onion; saute until tender. Add the broth, nuts and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in stuffing cubes.
- 3. Spread stuffing mixture over turkey to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, rolling turkey away from you; arrange skin over top of roll. Tie with kitchen string at 2-in. intervals.
- 4. Place on a rack in a large roasting pan. Combine pineapple juice and olive oil; set aside.
- 5. Bake turkey at 325° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with pineapple juice mixture.
- 6. Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. For gravy, add broth to the pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Pour into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 489 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 683mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Maui-Inspired Turkey Breast Roll
"easy to folow directions, with wonderful result!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer