- 2 boneless turkey breast halves (2 to 2-1/2 pounds each)
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- Remove skin from the turkey breasts; set aside. Flatten turkey breasts to 3/8-in. thickness. Place breasts side by side so that they are overlapping slightly. Combine 1/2 cup butter, garlic and sage; rub over turkey.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining butter. Add celery and onion; saute until tender. Add the broth, nuts and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in stuffing cubes.
- Spread stuffing mixture over turkey to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, rolling turkey away from you; arrange skin over top of roll. Tie with kitchen string at 2-in. intervals.
- Place on a rack in a large roasting pan. Combine pineapple juice and olive oil; set aside.
- Bake turkey at 325° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with pineapple juice mixture.
- Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. For gravy, add broth to the pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Pour into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Maui-Inspired Turkey Breast Roll in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p54
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Maui-Inspired Turkey Breast Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2010
"easy to folow directions, with wonderful result!"