- 2 boneless turkey breast halves (2 to 2-1/2 pounds each)
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- Remove skin from the turkey breasts; set aside. Flatten turkey breasts to 3/8-in. thickness. Place breasts side by side so that they are overlapping slightly. Combine 1/2 cup butter, garlic and sage; rub over turkey.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining butter. Add celery and onion; saute until tender. Add the broth, nuts and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in stuffing cubes.
- Spread stuffing mixture over turkey to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, rolling turkey away from you; arrange skin over top of roll. Tie with kitchen string at 2-in. intervals.
- Place on a rack in a large roasting pan. Combine pineapple juice and olive oil; set aside.
- Bake turkey at 325° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with pineapple juice mixture.
- Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. For gravy, add broth to the pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Pour into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Maui-Inspired Turkey Breast Roll in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p54
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Maui-Inspired Turkey Breast Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2010
easy to folow directions, with wonderful result!