- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Trim all visible fat from steak. Freeze, covered, 30 minutes or until firm. Slice steak along the grain into long 1/8-in.-thick strips.
- Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients; add to beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 170°. Transfer beef and marinade to a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Using tongs, remove beef from marinade; drain on paper towels. Discard marinade.
- Arrange beef strips in single layer on wire racks placed on 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Dry in oven 4-5 hours or until beef becomes dry and leathery, rotating pans occasionally. (Or use a commercial dehydrator, following manufacturer's directions.)
- Remove from oven; cool completely. Using paper towels, blot any beads of oil on jerky. For best quality and longer storage, store jerky, covered, in refrigerator or freezer. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Beef Jerky in Taste of Home Recipes Across America 2013, p433
Reviews for Matt's Teriyaki Beef Jerky
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review