Matt's Mexican Pizza
My brother and I have fond childhood memories of Saturday morning breakfasts on our Minnesota farm. It was big production, with everyone involved. That's where we developed our love of cooking.—Matt Walter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Place one tortilla on a microwave-safe plate. Layer with half of the
- pepperoni, tomatoes, salsa, olives and cheese. Microwave, uncovered,
- on high for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Top with half of the
- lettuce. Make a second pizza with the remaining ingredients. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 719 calories, 44 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 2,054 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 30 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now