Matchless Meat Loaf
This is the only meat loaf recipe I can make! Our whole family loves its sweet tangy hint of molasses and mustard.Lila Bane, Vandalia, Illinois
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 40 min.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons light molasses
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, molasses, vinegar, mustard, hot pepper
- sauce, milk, oregano, onion soup mix, bread crumbs and parsley. Add
- ground beef; mix well. In a shallow baking pan, shape meat mixture
- into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 40
- minutes or until no pink remains. Drain. Let loaf stand 10 minutes
- before slicing.
- Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium,