- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons light molasses
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, molasses, vinegar, mustard, hot pepper sauce, milk, oregano, onion soup mix, bread crumbs and parsley. Add ground beef; mix well. In a shallow baking pan, shape meat mixture into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until no pink remains. Drain. Let loaf stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Matchless Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef 1993, p31
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Matchless Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2010
"My family loved it! I added a little minced garlic and worstershire...perfection! Thanks for sharing."