Master Cookie Mix
Ruth Kloss of Two Rivers, Wisconsin only uses a few ingredients in her sweet and simple cookie mix. Throw the mix together yourself and you'll have enough to bake all of the taste-tempting cookies on this page...and still have extra for the months ahead.
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, salt and baking soda. Cut
- in shortening until crumbly. Store in an airtight container in a
- cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- Master Cookie Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes (also
- found in Recipe Finder): Peanut Butter Cookies, Cinnamon Raisin
- Cookies and Banana Cookies. Yield: about 10 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 709 calories, 29 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 738 mg sodium, 105 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.