Master Baking Mix
One batch of this mix from Ruby Love of Deer Island, Oregon is enough to bake all of the goodies on this page...and more!" I always keep this versatile mix handy so I can whip up a sweet treat for unexpected guests," writes Ruby.
12-15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, milk powder, baking powder, sugar
- and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Store in airtight container in a cool dry place or freeze for up to
- 6 months.
- Master Baking Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes (also
- found in Recipe Finder): Fruit Cobbler, Blueberry Quick Bread and
- Yellow Cake. Yield: 14-1/2 cups.