Mashed Winter Vegetables Recipe
“I first saw this side dish on a cooking show, and it’s since become one of my fall staples,” shares Kathy Lynch of Aloha, Oregon. “It’s special enough to serve at Thanksgiving.”
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 medium turnips, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Place the rutabaga, turnips, parsnips and carrots in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until tender. Drain and place the vegetables in a large bowl; mash. Add the milk, butter, salt, pepper and sugar; stir until blended. Yield: 10 servings.
2/3 cup equals 89 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Mashed Winter Vegetables
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC