Mashed Winter Squash Recipe
- 4 packages (12 ounces each) frozen cooked winter squash
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Place squash in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until heated through, stirring after 5 minutes. Add the sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger; mix well.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 119 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Mashed Winter Squash
"Really nice flavor. Cooked it for Thanksgiving dinner a day ahead to save me some time. Just reheat & serve. Better the next day!"