Frozen cooked squash and a microwave make quick work of assembling this colorful side dish. Each creamy bite features the subtle blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- 4 packages (12 ounces each) frozen cooked winter squash
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place squash in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until heated through, stirring after 5 minutes. Add the sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger; mix well.
- Microwave, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Winter Squash in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p11
Reviews for Mashed Winter Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2015
"Really nice flavor. Cooked it for Thanksgiving dinner a day ahead to save me some time. Just reheat & serve. Better the next day!"