Frozen cooked squash and a microwave make quick work of assembling this colorful side dish. Each creamy bite features the subtle blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- 4 packages (12 ounces each) frozen cooked winter squash
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place squash in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until heated through, stirring after 5 minutes. Add the sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger; mix well.
- Microwave, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Winter Squash in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p11
Reviews for Mashed Winter Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2015
"Really nice flavor. Cooked it for Thanksgiving dinner a day ahead to save me some time. Just reheat & serve. Better the next day!"