I have made these baked sweet potato bundles for several Thanksgiving dinners. I think it's a nice, different way to serve sweet potatoes, and the serving is just right for two. —Pamela Shank, Parkersburg, West Virginia
- 3 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 2 small)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place sweet potatoes in a small saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding brown sugar and butter. Mix in egg, 2 tablespoons pecans, cinnamon and salt.
- Spoon or pipe potatoes onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, forming two mounds. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Sweet Potato Mounds in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p128
Reviews for Mashed Sweet Potato Mounds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review