Mashed Red Potatoes Recipe
- 4-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, warmed
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with butter, salt, pepper and enough cream to achieve desired consistency. Yield: 9 cups.
Originally published as Mashed Red Potatoes in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p40
Reviews for Mashed Red Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2014
Not much different from how I would normally cook these if I was in a hurry.
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2012
These potatoes were awesome. I'll definitely be doing this again.
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2009
Seems like "regular" mashed potatoes to me.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >