Mashed Red Potatoes Recipe
These yummy, chunky mashed potatoes from our home economists are rich enough to stand on their own. But they’re also delicious with cheese, bacon and sour cream…or heartier options, like Florets with Cheese Sauce and Dressed-Up Beef Tips.
- 4-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, warmed
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with butter, salt, pepper and enough cream to achieve desired consistency. Yield: 9 cups.
Originally published as Mashed Red Potatoes in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p40
Reviews for Mashed Red Potatoes(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >