Mashed Potatoes with Horseradish
Instead of the ever-popular garlic mashed potatoes, this unusual recipe calls for prepared horseradish. This zippy side dish would be great with roast beef.Cynthia Gobeli, Norton, Ohio
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Add butter, salt and pepper. Mash potatoes. Beat in the sour cream
- and horseradish. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 175 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.