Mashed Potatoes with Ham Recipe
"Mashed Potatoes with Ham evolved from scalloped potatoes, which are tasty but time-consuming to bake. "I warmed up leftover mashed potatoes, then decided to throw in some ham to save a dish," Kathy explains. "The next time I made it, I added a cheese and crumb topping to give this casserole an appealing golden look."
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk with butter)
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine onion and 1 tablespoon of butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Add potatoes, ham, onion salt and pepper; mix well. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and cornflakes; dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potatoes with Ham in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p17
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes with Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2013
This recipe was very easy to make and tasted wonderful. If you have leftover mashed potatoes this is a delicious way to use them up!