Mashed Potatoes with Garlic
If you'd like a new twist on mashed potatoes, try this recipe from Jennifer Adams of Plymouth, Massachusetts. She adds garlic to the potatoes and then places a cruet of olive oil on the table for guests to drizzle on the potatoes.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, warmed
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes and garlic. Beat in the salt,
- pepper and enough reserved cooking liquid to achieve a creamy
- consistency. Drizzle with oil. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 130 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.