- 4 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, place oil and garlic in a small food processor; process until blended.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding cream, butter, salt, pepper and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Stir in green onions. Serve with garlic olive oil and, if desired, cheese. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes with Garlic-Olive Oil
Sort By :
"My family loved this."
"My family liked the mashed potatoes but didn't care for the garlic-olive oil on top. They said it was too strong. We have a recipe with cream cheese that they couldn't help comparing it to even though I told them not to! But it was inevitable. As the meal progressed they liked them more and more although they never did go for the garlic-oil oil topping."
"Our family loves the creamy texture due to adding the whipping cream. Great flavor as well."
"This was the best mashed potatoe recipe I have ever had! They were so creamy and full of flavor and very quick and easy to make. Personally we thought they tasted better without the garlic oil but we may try to mix it in next time as one review stated. These will be a regular in our home from now on. Thanks for sharing!"
"I only made half the recipe, and loved them. Very easy and quick to make."