Garlic mashed potatoes are high on our love list. To intensify the flavor, I combine garlic and olive oil in the food processor and drizzle it on top of the potatoes. — Emory Doty, Jasper, Georgia
- 4 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, place oil and garlic in a small food processor; process until blended.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding cream, butter, salt, pepper and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Stir in green onions. Serve with garlic olive oil and, if desired, cheese. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Mashed Potatoes with Garlic-Olive Oil in Taste of Home October/November 2012, p22
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes with Garlic-Olive Oil
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review