Mashed Potatoes with Garlic Recipe
If you'd like a new twist on mashed potatoes, try this recipe from Jennifer Adams of Plymouth, Massachusetts. She adds garlic to the potatoes and then places a cruet of olive oil on the table for guests to drizzle on the potatoes.
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, warmed
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes and garlic. Beat in the salt, pepper and enough reserved cooking liquid to achieve a creamy consistency. Drizzle with oil. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Mashed Potatoes in Country Woman March/April 2006, p40
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes with Garlic(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >