Mashed Potatoes with Cucumber Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender.
- 2. Drain well; mash with butter and 2 tablespoons of milk. Stir in cucumber, onion, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, stir vinegar and sugar into the remaining milk. Stir into potato mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 210 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes with Cucumber
"My new favourite !!!"
"This sounded so odd that I had to give it a try. We are so glad I did. I used more milk and butter, and drained the cucumber throughly before adding. What a nice change of pace from the usual mashed potatoes. I will make this again, not every week, but certainly once in a while."