Mashed Potatoes with Cucumber Recipe
The first time I tasted this combination was 53 years ago at my mother-in-law's house. My husband assured me I'd love this side dish and he was right. I changed the recipe slightly and like to make it with the first crop of Vidalia onions. -Stella Paukovich, Apollo, Pennsylvania
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender.
- 2. Drain well; mash with butter and 2 tablespoons of milk. Stir in cucumber, onion, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, stir vinegar and sugar into the remaining milk. Stir into potato mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 210 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 668 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes with Cucumber
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC