Mashed Potatoes with Cucumber Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender.
- 2. Drain well; mash with butter and 2 tablespoons of milk. Stir in cucumber, onion, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, stir vinegar and sugar into the remaining milk. Stir into potato mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 210 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes with Cucumber
"My new favourite !!!"
"This sounded so odd that I had to give it a try. We are so glad I did. I used more milk and butter, and drained the cucumber throughly before adding. What a nice change of pace from the usual mashed potatoes. I will make this again, not every week, but certainly once in a while."