Mashed Potatoes with Corn and Cheese Recipe
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 to 6 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and warmed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2. Place potatoes in a bowl; mash with milk, butter, salt and pepper. Stir in corn and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 270 calories, 14 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes with Corn and Cheese
"We really liked this, but my kids have always mixed their mashed potatoes and corn together anyway so this was a no brainer for us."