The cheese and corn add a boost of flavor to mashed potatoes. For more convenience, purchase refrigerated mashed potatoes. Heat according to package directions; then add corn and cheese.
Recommended: 19 Side Dishes Made in a 13x9 Pan
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 to 6 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and warmed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Place potatoes in a bowl; mash with milk, butter, salt and pepper. Stir in corn and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potatoes with Corn and Cheese in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p23
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes with Corn and Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2014
"We really liked this, but my kids have always mixed their mashed potatoes and corn together anyway so this was a no brainer for us."