Mashed Potatoes with a Kick Recipe
“A handful of ingredients, a pot and a bowl are all you need to quickly make a great side that goes with any meal. These are my favorite potatoes!” —Valerie Belley, St. Louis, Missouri
- 10 medium potatoes (3 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash potatoes with remaining ingredients. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 254 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC