- 10 medium potatoes (3 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with remaining ingredients. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes with a Kick
Sort By :
"I've had my eyes on this recipe for awhile but was a little unsure how the horseradish would taste. Finally made it & loved the flavor the horseradish added to the potatoes! Yum! It was the perfect amount, not overpowering, but the flavor is definitely there. I didn't have heavy whipping cream, so substituted 4 oz. cream cheese & 1/2 cup sour cream. Next time, I might try it with the whipping cream."
"Anyone have any suggestions not using the horseradish. I don't think I will use the horseradish again but the heavy cream..ummm"
"Everybody among my family and friends loves these potatoes. They never guess the secret ingredient of what makes them so good, and they're always surprised that it is horseradish."