Mashed Potatoes Supreme
Says Julia Daubresse of Sun City Center, Florida: “I received this recipe from my sister some 60 years ago and so many people have requested it since then! The potatoes are rich, creamy and taste like twice-baked. It offers make-ahead convenience, so it’s great for potlucks.”
8 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 pounds medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream or milk
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese, butter and
- cream; beat until blended. Stir in the green pepper, onions,
- pimientos, salt and pepper. Stir in 1/3 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3
- cup Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.