Mashed Potatoes Supreme Recipe
- 3 pounds medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream or milk
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese, butter and cream; beat until blended. Stir in the green pepper, onions, pimientos, salt and pepper. Stir in 1/3 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes Supreme
"Very good but found that recipe was too much for my 7 x 11 to hold."
"This is my family's favorite potato dish! I have been making it since it was first published. I make it ahead for large dinners since it keeps well in the refrigerator and reheats beautifully. Everyone raves about it! I will be making it tomorrow to serve for Thanksgiving!"
"This is such a tasty recipe. I used regular russets, an orange pepper and left out the pimientos. I think I am going to mix in some bacon the next time I make it."
"This dish is delicious. Made a half portion and adjusted the ingredients, turned out terrific. A keeper!"
"I made this last night for the football game to compliment my Turkey Meatloaf & it was a hit!!! I think next time I will add some garlic to it."
"I made this recipe 2 years ago, now I am the one who brings the potatoes to all family gatherings . You will love it"
"This dish is absolutely delicious.....I've made it several times for my family....no changes needed....it's great for the holidays"
"This is a really good recipe with alot of flavor. Easy to make ahead for a crowd."
"I just loved this newsletter and will look forward to the next one. Thanks, Dianne Smith"