Mashed Potatoes Supreme Recipe
- 3 pounds medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream or milk
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese, butter and cream; beat until blended. Stir in the green pepper, onions, pimientos, salt and pepper. Stir in 1/3 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes Supreme
Sort By :
"Very good but found that recipe was too much for my 7 x 11 to hold."
"This is my family's favorite potato dish! I have been making it since it was first published. I make it ahead for large dinners since it keeps well in the refrigerator and reheats beautifully. Everyone raves about it! I will be making it tomorrow to serve for Thanksgiving!"
"This is such a tasty recipe. I used regular russets, an orange pepper and left out the pimientos. I think I am going to mix in some bacon the next time I make it."
"This is a favorite of mine to pull out for special occasions. It puts a whole new flare on your normal mashed potatoes. I have even made the whole receipe and frozen half. It tasted great defrosted! Also have made 2 days in advance (unbaked)and keeps well in fridge."
"This dish is delicious. Made a half portion and adjusted the ingredients, turned out terrific. A keeper!"