Mashed Potatoes 'n' Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and quartered
- 2 cups fresh or frozen brussels sprouts
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, place 1/2 in. of water and brussels sprouts in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until tender.
- 3. Drain potatoes, sprouts and garlic; cool slightly. Place in a food processor; cover and process for 1-2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and process just until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl. Yield: 6-8 servings.
2/3 cup: 156 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 541mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes 'n' Brussels Sprouts
"A-maaaazzzing!!! Never had brussel sprouts before, so I gave this recipe a try. Hands down best mashed potatoes Ive ever had. And I'm not exactly the best cook. Yay me! yay recipe! MMmmmgood! Swear ; )"
"I LOVE THIS DISH!!!! I have made it twice. I love brussels, but my husband and daughter HATE them. This is a great way to incorporate veggies in to their diet without them really knowing or tasting them. So yummy! love love love this one!"
"This was my "experimental" holiday dish last Thanksgiving and this year my daughter asked for it again. It was great. The recipe can also be adapted for soup too."