Mashed Potatoes 'n' Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and quartered
- 2 cups fresh or frozen brussels sprouts
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, place 1/2 in. of water and brussels sprouts in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until tender.
- 3. Drain potatoes, sprouts and garlic; cool slightly. Place in a food processor; cover and process for 1-2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and process just until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl. Yield: 6-8 servings.
2/3 cup: 156 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 541mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes 'n' Brussels Sprouts
"A-maaaazzzing!!! Never had brussel sprouts before, so I gave this recipe a try. Hands down best mashed potatoes Ive ever had. And I'm not exactly the best cook. Yay me! yay recipe! MMmmmgood! Swear ; )"
"I LOVE THIS DISH!!!! I have made it twice. I love brussels, but my husband and daughter HATE them. This is a great way to incorporate veggies in to their diet without them really knowing or tasting them. So yummy! love love love this one!"