Tired of eating the same old mashed white potatoes? Try this tasty recipe. These potatoes are fluffy and delicious.
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and quartered
- 2 cups fresh or frozen brussels sprouts
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place 1/2 in. of water and brussels sprouts in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until tender.
- Drain potatoes, sprouts and garlic; cool slightly. Place in a food processor; cover and process for 1-2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and process just until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potatoes 'n' Brussels Sprouts in Country Extra January 2008, p49
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes 'n' Brussels Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review