Mashed Potato-Topped Hot Dogs Recipe
INSTEAD of the usual hot dog and bun meal, I like to make more of a main meal. It's a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes and the toppings can be varied. Best of all, it's kid-friendly and very easy to make to fit everyone's preferences.
- 4 hot dogs
- 1-1/3 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 2 slices process American cheese, cut into quarters
- Salsa and chopped green onions
- 1. Make a lengthwise cut three-fourths of the way through each hot dog. Open hot dogs and place cut side up on a baking sheet. Top with mashed potatoes and cheese.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spread with salsa and sprinkle with onions. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 506 calories, 38 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 1,589 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC