Mashed Potato-Topped Hot Dogs Recipe
- 4 hot dogs
- 1-1/3 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 2 slices process American cheese, cut into quarters
- Salsa and chopped green onions
- Make a lengthwise cut three-fourths of the way through each hot dog. Open hot dogs and place cut side up on a baking sheet. Top with mashed potatoes and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spread with salsa and sprinkle with onions. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potato-Topped Hot Dogs in Reminisce October/November 2006, p49
Reviews for Mashed Potato-Topped Hot Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2012
teenagers love them!
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2008
This has been a family favorite since I was a kid. I now cook for my family...but we top with a white gravy and cheese instead of salsa. I'm going to try the salsa topping.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Hot Dogs >