Mashed Potato Stuffing Recipe
- 8 cups riced cooked potatoes
- 4 cups fine soft bread crumbs
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 to 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the potatoes and crumbs; set aside. In a skillet, saute onions in butter until tender; add to potato mixture. Stir in egg substitute, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 2. Just before baking, stuff turkey. Skewer and fasten openings. Tie drumsticks together. Place with breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 to 3-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup: 735 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 221mg cholesterol, 998mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 73g protein .
Reviews for Mashed Potato Stuffing
"This is the same recipe my mother always used. But we would chop up the cooked giblets and add to the stuffing. This was always a moist tasty stuffing which spoiled me whenever we ate anywhere else it was never the same."