Mashed Potato Stuffing Recipe
It wouldn't be Christmas in our family without this satisfying stuffing made from potatoes. My mother-in-law shared the recipe years ago, and I've since passed it on to our grown children.
- 8 cups riced cooked potatoes
- 4 cups fine soft bread crumbs
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 to 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and crumbs; set aside. In a skillet, saute onions in butter until tender; add to potato mixture. Stir in egg substitute, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Just before baking, stuff turkey. Skewer and fasten openings. Tie drumsticks together. Place with breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 to 3-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Potato Stuffing in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p24
Reviews for Mashed Potato Stuffing(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2013
This is the same recipe my mother always used. But we would chop up the cooked giblets and add to the stuffing. This was always a moist tasty stuffing which spoiled me whenever we ate anywhere else it was never the same.