Mashed Potato Spinach Bake Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cook spinach in a small amount of water until wilted; drain well.
- 2. Drain potatoes; place in a large bowl and mash. Stir in the spinach, sour cream, butter, chives and seasonings.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 249 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Mashed Potato Spinach Bake
"Delicious! the seasonings all blend delicately together for a rich taste."