- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add sour cream and broth; beat on low speed until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, mushrooms and onion until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Spread half of the potato mixture into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with sausage mixture and remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with the cheese, parsley and oregano.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Mashed Potato Sausage Bake
Sort By :
"This was really good! The mashed potatoes in it are delicious. I skipped the mushrooms, as my family doesn't eat them, but it turned out great. I like turkey kielbasa a lot, so I like finding different recipes with it. I'm sure you could use regular kielbasa if you choose."
"This is a new favorite of ours! I made it tonight for dinner and my husband loved it! I subbed kielbasa for Cheddarwurst and it was great! BIG THUMBS UP FOR THIS RECIPE!"