"Sausage and savory seasonings like onion and garlic taste great in this casserole," writes Jennifer Seevers of North Bend, Oregon. "It's especially satisfying during the colder months."
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add sour cream and broth; beat on low speed until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, mushrooms and onion until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Spread half of the potato mixture into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with sausage mixture and remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with the cheese, parsley and oregano.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potato Sausage Bake in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p17
Reviews for Mashed Potato Sausage Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review